Friday, December 12, 2008

More Political thinking KT

Below I have pasted an email I recieved of quotes from Thomas Jefferson. I found these quotes to ring true in my heart and mind. Jeremy and I often enjoy discussing such things as politics, economics, democracy, etc. Neither of us would claim to be the most educated on such matters, but we do like weighing our personal convictions, societies views, and the Biblical stand on the way our Nation and the world lives and has lived since the creation of Adam. We are definately in (for lack of a better word) interesting times in our nation, the world, and in the life of Christianity. Again, I encourage each of my children and anyone who will listen to take time each day to pray for our nation and others. I have been really praying lately tha the Lord would show me my role in these times. I hope it is to be an encourager and I also hope it is to be a good student of his ways.
Well, I hope you find something in the following quotes that challenges your thinking, today. It is always good to be challenged to move beyond ones current position.
God bless you the reader today, and God cover our nation with your love.




Jefferson in some cases could be called a prophet.

When we get piled upon one another in large cities, as in Europe, we shall become as corrupt as Europe. Thomas Jefferson

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. Thomas Jefferson

It is incumbent on every generation to pay its own debts as it goes. A principle which if acted on would save one-half the wars of the world. Thomas Jefferson


I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them. Thomas Jefferson


My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government. Thomas Jefferson

No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government. Thomas Jefferson

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. Thomas Jefferson

To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical. Thomas Jefferson

No comments:

Post a Comment