Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Daniel's decision for purity by Daniel


 

 


 

 

 

 
Recently, my parents took me out to dinner and gave me a special bracelet.  On it, in Hebrew, is engraved, "I am my beloved's and My beloved is Mine." 
My parents told me that there is two meanings to this verse.  The first is that I belong to my wife and she belongs to me, and the second is I belong to God, and God belongs to me. 
This bracelet is a reminder to me that I have committed to live a pure life, and wait until I am married to my wife to have sex. The bracelet also reminds me of my family and that they have made a commitment to keep me accountable to the promise I made to God. 

NOTE FROM MOM:  Jeremy and I wanted to do something a little different with our sons than our daughters.  We chose to have a special bracelet made for Daniel. 

Daniel also completed a purity class with us before we took him out to dinner.  After we take each teen out to dinner and present them with their special reminder of their commitment to purity, they then give a speech and pledge to the family at the next family meal.  Daniel's next meal happened to be Sunday dinner at grandma's house.  So, he gave his speech to all his aunts, uncles, and grandparents, as well as, his parents and siblings. 
After giving their pledge to purity, we as a family make a pledge to keep them accountable.  So, this was extra special for Daniel since his grandparents, aunts, and uncles also gave a pledge to him. 
Daniel has grown into a young man after God's own heart. We are very proud of him.   If you would like to read more of his story you can find it here 
http://hirn-happyhealthyhomeschoolers.blogspot.com/2012/11/gods-story-in-my-son-daniels-life.html.

No comments:

Post a Comment