Friday, June 13, 2008

Summer's Here

Sorry, blog readers, we haven't forgotten you.
It is SUMMER at the Hirn house.
We finished another year of school, and it was the best year ever. I am always so grateful to the Lord that each year has gotten better than the one before it. Our last day of school was May 15th. I was so excited to have all my upper grade student's finish strong and complete their curriculum. My younger students accomplished their goals for the set year and that was very pleasing. I am a bit nervous about next year, since i will have 3 sixth graders, one with a special curriculum to help with his learning disability, two third graders, one first grader, and two starting a routine to prepare for school the following year, and two young ones. But, I am not going to fret on it now, we are in summer mood, and i don't want to think school until August. So, here is what i am focusing on for the summer. I am trying to spend one on one time with the kids, and really just enjoy their presences. This is difficult as I find my self focused on our up coming trip to California to pick up our new son. Yes, in a few weeks Jeremy and i will be traveling to California to pick up Davey. He is five years old and has suffered great trauma as an infant, that has left him with some brain damage. We are so excited to have found him, and bring him home. Yet, there is a lot to be nervous about as well. The trip itself is overwhelming to think about. The leaving all the other kids behind for a week is so nerve racking. How he will do on the trip home. How everyone will adjust once we are home. On and on. But, I know that the Lord has done greater things than this. So, I place my trust in him. Well, anyway, check in again, as the kids will be blogging in soon. Tyler and Rachel will probably tell you about their trip to Kansas, and Daniel may tell you how he learned he has a learning disability and how relieved that makes him. Also, you will have to read about our summer activites.

No comments:

Post a Comment