Tuesday, April 9, 2013

My Ring by Rachel



Introduction by mom: 
 Rachel chose not to have a Quincenera when she turned fifteen.  But her dad and I wanted to do a purity study and present her with her own special ring.  She is a totally different girl than her big sister, Tyler.  Rachel is rough and athletic.  She is very competitive and loves to play games.  She is a gifted teacher, and has a heart for those people with special needs.  She isn't sure what path God has for her in her future, but wherever he takes her she is ready to follow.  Her dad and I are very proud of her.



This week I received my purity ring from my parents, and I would like to share with you what it means to me. 
My ring has three sapphires (my birth stone) to symbolize the Trinity, and it reminds me that God is always with me, and gives me the strength to do what is right. 
My ring also has two diamonds on it to represent how precious I am.  To me, the fact that the ring has two diamonds also reminds me of my two parents and how much they love and care for me.  When I remember how much my parents love me and care for me, I want to make them proud.  I am reminded of Proverbs 10:1, which says, "A wise son makes his father glad, But a foolish son is a grief to his mother."  When I remember this verse, I think to myself;  Is this decision going to make my parents proud, or if my parents were here would I choose this same path? 
My ring is made of white gold to remind me to stay pure. Staying pure to me means, not having sex before marriage.  It also means keeping my head clear of lustful thoughts, and keeping my speech clean and ladylike.  When I am reminded to be pure, I remember to dress in a pure fashion, not tempting to others.  I am reminded to keep my actions pure too. 
My ring is a symbol to me that reminds me that I have a loving family who holds me accountable to what I believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment