Tuesday, January 31, 2012

My winter retreat By: Rachel

I went on a winter retreat this past weekend and I had a lot of fun. At first when I got on the bus and we drove to the camp, I was a bit discouraged and wondered if this weekend was going to be fun. But then we got to the camp and the fun began. We went to our cabins and dropped off our stuff, then we went to our first session for the weekend. At our first session we talked about things that sleepy people do (not actual sleepy people spiritual sleepy people). So I found out that I need to stop being so self conscience and not just worry about me and what others think about me. After the first session we hung out, I went down and played carpet ball with some other people.
I woke up the next day excited and ready to have fun. After breakfast and devotions we had session two, in session two I learned that Jesus plans, Jesus cares, Jesus waits, Jesus knows, and Jesus wait for it ....... wins! So why do I need to worry, yes I should plan what to do with my life, but Jesus always wins so I'll go with His plans, because I love to win. After session two we had a scavenger hunt. I was on team ten and we came in 7th or 8th place I think. I liked the scavenger hunt because I learned where everything was. Next after the scavenger hunt we had some free time and I mostly just hung out downstairs and played carpet ball. Later when lunch was over I went outside and saw some kids playing a game called gaga ball and it looked really fun, so I decided to give it a try. Man oh man it was sooo fun!!!!! I played gaga ball for about 2 and a half hours, then I decided to go get my superhero costume on.
Everyone met in the gym with their superhero costumes on Tyler was cat woman and I was her sidekick dog lady. All the superhero's got in a circle and we went around telling everyone our name and power. Some people did not dress up and we got to boo them. After everyone went around the group leaders voted for the best superhero. I think almost everyone knew who was going to win at least I did, it was duck tape girl her whole costume was made out of duck tape her dress,crown,and cape. I thought she had a cool costume, but she was not my favorite. I had three favorites 1. Adam who was;Herman Luethy with the power to see in 3D(ha ha) . 2. Devon who was;Mr.handsome with the power to make you look bad or him look good(again ha ha). 3. Logan who was;the fly with the power to fly(one last ha ha).
Next we had a relay race in our superhero costumes. It was fun but I could tell my team did not give it's full effort which made me upset. It's OK to lose but not if you don't give your full effort. We had a little more free time after that and I played more gaga ball.
Then we had supper, and after supper we had session three. In session three I learned that I need to wake up, grow up, give up,and look up. The one that jumped out at me most was grow up. But that's probably because Luke (the speaker) told us a funny story when he talked about growing up. After session three we played capture the flag. I thought capture the flag was really fun even though we never found the flag. But I really liked running around in the dark and walking and talking with others. After capture the flag we hung out for a while and then went to bed.
The next morning I woke up tired and sore. I ate breakfast did my devotions tried to play carpet ball but my wrist was kinda sore. Then we went to session four. In session four I learned about Ananias and how he was willing and he received a difficult task and accomplished a mission to bring a God-sized miracle.
After session four we cleaned our cabins and packed our bags. Then I played gaga ball until it was time to leave. I made two commitments while I was on the retreat 1.To try not to be so self conscience and focus on God more and not just my reputation. 2.To do all things for the glory of God and not myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment