Monday, January 7, 2008

thoughts from the past

Recently while cleaning out the library, I came across an old journal. In this journal from 1998, is a letter I wrote and shared with others. I thought I would add this letter to our blog.


Here it is:

Dear Friend,

This letter is for you from the Lord Our God.
This letter is for you, the one who feels unworthy.
This letter is for you, the one who says," well, I am a good person, so I will go to heaven.
This letter is for you, the one who feels empty like there is something missing in life.
This letter is for you the one who says there is No God, No heaven, No hell.
This letter is for you, the one who believes in Jesus, but your not sure you are saved.
This letter is also for you, the one who calls yourself Christian.
I am writing this letter to encourage, guide, and direct you into the life that God wants for you. God wants you to be happy and loved. He wants you to be a part of his family.
This message is from God to you:

Let me start by saying the Bible is God's Word and it true and it is the key to knowing and finding God and his will and plan for your life.
Now, that we are clear on that, here is a what I have found in the Bible. God sent his one and only son, Jesus Christ, down to earth from heaven, in the form of a man, to die a horrible death for all man kind. Anyone who believes that they are a sinner (a person who is no good) can be saved from death. This is how the Bible puts it, "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, so that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16 God loves you so much that he sent his son to earth for you. In Romans 5:8 the Bible also says, "But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." It is also written in Romans 10:9-10, "if you confess with yur mouth," Jesus is Lord" and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that your believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and our saved." So, Jesus did not just die for you, but he also rose from death to prove he was and is Christ the only one who can save you from death.
Now, I know some of you are saying I am not worthy or good enough to be forgiven for anything I have done. I want you to know that Jesus is the only one who can forgive you, so "Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved." Acts 16:31. You may be thinking I can't change my ways, and you are right. Only God can change a person ,as it says in 2 Cor. 5:17 "if anyone is in Christ, he is a new Creation: the old has gone, the new has come."
Maybe you don't think your unworthy, instead you think you are a good person that you don't need a savor. I am glad you are a good person, but even the greatest people need a savor. In Eph. 2:8-9 it says, "For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith-and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God- not by works so that no one can boast." God also says in Romans 3:23, "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God." and "If we claim to be without sin, we decieve ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness." 1 John 1:8-9. So, "Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord." Acts 3:19 "for the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 6:23
Maybe you are the one that feels like something is missing in your life, or maybe you are unsure if you have recieved forgiveness for your sins. Jsus says in John 10:10b "I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full," also in John 5:24, "I tell the truth, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed over from death to life." You can believe that you are Saved and rejoice in the exciting life he has for you.
Now to those who do not believe Jesus is the one and only savior, or those who believe he is ok, but everyone can believe they're own way, the Jesus says in John 14:6, 'I am the way and the truth, and the life. NO ONE comes to the father (God) except through me." "Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved." Acts 4:12 Jesus IS the ONLY way to eternal life in heaven.
Maybe you take the view of an athiest, saying there is no God, no heaven, no hell. You say the Bible is NOT the authority of God. I will not try and argue scripture with you. But, I will tell you this I have no doubt about what I believe and what my eternal future holds. Can you say you are certain in your unbelief? I have faith and hope that Jesus is in heaven, and he is preparing a place for me. I am also sure that because of his love and forgiveness I am safe from a future in hell, eternal seperation from God and love. Because God is love, and there is nothing worse than living a life without love. I have peace and assurance about my life because I know that God holds me in his hands, and calls me his child. Can you say you have peace, hope, even happiness?
Now, that you have read all these you may still not believe. You may say, "I have waited too long God won't take me now, " or "Jesus really doesn't want me." But, you are just wrong. In Revelations 3:20 Jesus says to all, "Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in." Jesus is patiently waiting for you. In 2 Peter 3:9b He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance."
Now you have the truth, that Jesus is the Son of God, and that he died to forgive you from your sins, and rose from his death to save you from eternal death. What are you going to do now? Are you going to except his gift? I hope you will, right now, cry out and tell him you are a sinner and need him. Then he will make you apart of his family. It is written in John 1:12, "Yet to all who recieved him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God."
God gave me this letter to share with you. It is not easy to step out and share this with you. I hope you recieve it in love, and that you know I want to spend eternity with you. I pray that the Lord's word speaks to you and it changes your life.
Praying and believing God is going to change your life today.
Katie

Well, I wrote this letter a long time ago, and sent it to about 30 people that the Lord led me to send it to. Since, that time my life has changed a lot, but there is one thing that is still the same and that is I still believe everything in this letter, and I still hope to that it can change lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment